Cervical Cancer Symptoms- Key Information For Every Individual
According to experts, if every individual knows cervical cancer symptoms and what is cervical cancer all about, then they can stay away from cervical cancer with ease and can take appropriate steps when needed. Cervical Cancer occurs when cells of cervix start growing abnormally. The Cervix is the lower part of the uterus that connects to the vagina. The cancer cells can also start invading other organs and tissues of our body. It may also spread to lungs, liver, bladder, rectum, vagina, etc. Keeping an eye on increasing cervical cancer cases, today we will give all basic and important information about cervical cancer that can help in cervical cancer prevention and treatment.
Few general information about Cervical cancer:
- In Cervical cancer, malignant cells form in the cervical tissues (in the tissues of the cervix)
- HPV (Human papillomavirus) is one of the fatal risk factors for this cancer
- For the diagnosis of cervical cancer, doctors use all those tests that are used for cervix examination along with some particular cancer diagnostic tests.
- Most common signs and symptoms are prolonged/ irresistible pelvic pain and vaginal bleeding.
Cervical Cancer Causes :
Well, cervical cancer basically begins with cervix tissue’s abnormal growth.
Risk of developing any kind of abnormal growth increases due to HPV infection, i.e. human papillomavirus (HPV).
Other factors that increase the possibility of cervical cancer are:
- Early sexual contact- Girls who indulge in sexual activity at an early age like 16 years or so, or soon after their menstrual periods are at higher risk.
- Taking too much of birth control pills (oral contraceptives)
- multiple sexual partners.
- Females who have HPV infection are more prone to develop cervical cancer.
- Smoking cigarette is another reason for developing cervical cancer.
Cervical Cancer Symptoms :
- Blood Spots
- Menstrual bleeding for longer duration and that too heavier flow.
- Mild bleeding between periods or post periods.
- Bleeding and pain after sexual intercourse
- Bleeding after pelvic examination
- Bleeding after menopause.
- Too much of vaginal discharge.
- Severe, persistent and unbearable pelvic pain or back pain.
Make sure you remember these signs and symptoms of cervical cancer so that you can take right steps whenever needed.
Survival rate for cervical cancer patients :
For early-stage invasive cervical cancer patient, the 5-year survival rate is 92%.
Research says that if every woman knows cervical cancer signs and consult the best oncologist in India at the earliest, then they can get it treated with ease. Around 45% of all cervical cancer patients are diagnosed at an early stage. Even if these cancer cells have spread to neighboring organs or tissues or the regional lymph nodes, then the 5-year survival rate is around 56%. Small cell cervical cancer, i.e. small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma is an aggressive type of cancer, but it is very rare.
Leading oncologists suggest a cervical cancer vaccine and taking this vaccine can help you stay away from cervical cancer. Before taking any random vaccine, don’t miss to consult any good oncologist at top 10 cancer hospital in India. Gardasil 9 is a known HPV vaccine that is used in the US. It is approved by FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
Cervical Cancer Prevention :
By keeping a sharp eye on all possible cervical cancer symptoms and consulting the right expert at the earliest will help you in handling this disease with ease. Take a look at some prevention suggestions.
- Practice safe sex.
- Don’t miss to take a cervical cancer vaccine.
- Get your vaccination at the right age (before becoming sexually active).
- Don’t smoke.
- Routine Pap test should not be amiss.
Cervical Cancer Diagnosis :
Pap smear (Papanicolaou test) test is widely used as a part of regular and initial cervix examination. Based on Pap test report and if the report is not normal, doctors decide the next test. For specifically cervical cancer diagnosis, the biopsy is done where a sample of cervical tissue is sent to the lab for detailed study. Once cancer is confirmed, there are many tests that are used to “stage” cancer.
Cervical Cancer Treatment :
It depends on factors like the cervical cancer stages, type of cervical cancer, patient’s willingness to conceive/ having children and the patient’s age.
Here are 5 types of cervical cancer treatment options :
- Radiation therapy
- Targeted therapy
Follow-up tests can also be done depending on the patient’s condition.
If you want to consult the best oncologist in India, then Jiyo India can help. We provide customized healthcare/ surgery packages to cervical cancer patients across the world so that they can get the best cervical cancer treatment in India with ease. Feel free to comment below in case of any queries regarding cervical cancer-related needs.
Contact us on +91 8750033334, +91 8810601324 or write an email on firstname.lastname@example.org for medical assistance.
Also Read About: Breast Cancer Causes, Types, Symptoms, Signs, Stages, Treatment