Time to know the end to end details of endocrine system diseases
Do you know? In the US alone, about 210,000 people with acute pancreatitis are admitted to hospitals every year and in India, it has been estimated that about 42 million people suffer from this disease! Quite deadly! After going through these statistics, we must say, there is a huge need of best Endocrine System disorders Treatment in India.
As we know Endocrine System disorders are diseases related to the endocrine glands of the body including the pituitary gland and hypothalamus in the brain, adrenal glands in the kidneys, the pancreas, ovaries, testes, and thyroid in the neck, as well
What are the symptoms of endocrine disorders?
Basically, the symptoms can range from not feeling well overall to serious and affecting symptoms. Specific symptoms depend on the specific parts of endocrine systems that are affected. These are some of the endocrine disorder’s symptoms:
Common symptoms of diabetes:
The most obvious question people ask: What causes diabetes to a person?
Well, when the body fails to maintain or build up the proper amount of insulin in the body, then it starts malfunctioning and hence, causes the signs of diabetes. Diabetes is one of the most common symptoms of an endocrine disorder.
There are two kinds of diabetes. The Symptoms of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes include:
- Excessive thirst or hunger
- Frequent urination
- Nausea and vomiting
- Unexplained weight loss or gain
- Vision changes
Common symptoms of acromegaly:
Acromegaly is a disorder which leads to symptoms of overgrowth in which the pituitary gland overproduces growth hormone secretion. Some of the symptoms are as follow:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Abnormally large lips, nose or tongue
- Abnormally large or swollen hands or feet
- Altered facial bone structure
- Sleep apnea
- Vision impairment
- Body and joint aches
- Deep voice
- Sudden overgrowth of bone and cartilage
- Thickening of the skin
- Sexual dysfunction, including decreased libido
Other serious symptoms that affect endocrine system major organs are as follow:
- Dangerously low blood pressure (extreme hypotension)
- Dangerously slow heart rate
- Depression or anxiety
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Difficulty breathing
- Eye problems such as(dryness, irritation, pressure, pain or bulging)
- Severe fatigue or weakness
What are the risk factors for endocrine disorders?
You won’t believe but according to statics, the incidence of diabetes, obesity, and dyslipidemia in men of India was 0.41, 0.23, and 0.12 per 1000 py, respectively. There were total 51,217 participants (median: age 33 years, range: 17–54) participated!
Remember, it’s not important that all people with risk factors will develop endocrine disorders. Below are some of the risk factors of endocrine diseases that affect endocrine system function:
- The family history of the endocrine disorder
- Pregnancy (in cases such as hyperthyroidism)
- Recent surgery, trauma, infection, or serious injury
- Elevated cholesterol levels
- Poor diet.
What causes endocrine disorders?
As discussed at the beginning of the article, endocrine system diseases are caused mainly because of the problems with the glands of the endocrine system.
Below is a number of factors that cause endocrine diseases. Note it down away:
- Problems related to thyroid glands such as Hyperthyroidism (Commonly named as overactive thyroid), Hypothyroidism (Commonly named as underactive thyroid), Graves’ disease (resulting in excessive thyroid hormone production)
Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (Commonly named as an autoimmune disease resulting in hypothyroidism)
- Tumor of the Gland such as the pancreatic endocrine tumor.
- Generic factors such as Diabetes.
- Environmental or nutritional factors such as lack of iodine in hypothyroidism.
- An overproduction of growth hormone.
- An overproduction of prolactin hormone.
Reducing your risk of endocrine disorders:
While many of the symptoms/ reasons for this life-threatening disease are caused because of generic, there are still some reasons involved because of your ill- living styles. You can prevent some endocrine disorders by following these below-mentioned precautions, such as:
- Eating a balanced, healthy diet.
- Never ever compromise on taking the unbalanced diet.
- Including physical activity in the day to day life.
How are endocrine disorders treated?
The symptoms of this disease do not arise at a go. It mainly arises either from excess hormone production or a hormone deficiency. Surgery or radiation therapy may be used in cases such as prolactinoma, where a noncancerous tumor is responsible for symptoms.
What are the potential complications of endocrine disorders?
Below are some of the potential complications of endocrine diseases. Have a look:
- Heart disease
- Nerve damage
- Organ damage or failure
- Poor quality of life
Jiyo India is one of the best healthcare services facilitators in India that is helping a major ratio of worldwide population in consulting the best endocrinologist in India. Due to their collaboration with all leading experts and hospitals, Jiyo India members get special privileges at all leading best diabetes treatment in India and all other hospitals with the best endocrinology department. Both the Indians as well as International patients get equal privileges.
Look at the special assistance list you can get from Jiyo India:
- Medical consultation.
- Visa Invitation letter in case you are located outside India.
- Airport pickup and drop
- Hotel/guest house arrangements
- Priority appointment with the doctor
- Nursing care
- Local mobile sim cards availability to international patients
- Coordinators and interpreters
- Diagnostic ease for all patients
- Currency exchange for international patients
- Keeping an eye on the patient’s timely progress
- Visa Extension and FRRO Registration
- Discharge formalities at the hospital
- Post Treatment assistance
- Medicine assistance
- Tours in India for international patients.
Time to sum up:
The factors that affect endocrine system major organ may be nonspecific as the hormones keep interacting frequently. So, it’s our advice to go for a complete medical treatment before letting the doctor writing prescriptions for you! Jiyo India can help you consult the best endocrinologist in India and help with the cost-effective treatment at leading hospitals.
Contact us on +91 8750033334,+91 8810627987 or write an email on email@example.com for medical assistance.
Also Read about: Top 10 Hospitals for Medical Tourism in India