A Healthy Heart Is To Healthy Body, Mind & Soul
Lets discuss about Heart Disease,Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
In a human body, the heart is an important muscular organ having a size of a fist and is located just in the back and to the left of the breastbone. The main function of the heart is pumping blood all over the body through a network of arteries and veins called cardiovascular system. Heart consist of four chambers.
• Right atrium- receives blood from the vein and pumps it into the right ventricle.
• Right ventricle-Receives blood from right atrium and pumps it into the lungs where it is loaded with oxygen.
• Left atrium-It receives the oxygenated blood from lungs and pumps it into the left ventricle.
• The left ventricle pumps oxygen-rich blood to all parts of the body.
The heart is surrounded by a sac called pericardium that protects it from all sorts of external shock. The heart muscle receives oxygen-rich blood through coronary arteries that are present on the surface of the heart. Through the heart you will also find a web of nerve tissue, that helps in governing contraction and relaxation.
A healthy heart implies a healthy life
As long as your heart is functioning well you will remain fit but some minor issues in the heart can make you fatigued and ill, if not treated properly in time. Let’s now discuss what type of problems may occur in a heart or we can say a different type of heart disease.
Heart disease includes the disease of both heart and blood vessel. A heart disease includes various problems most of them which occur because of atherosclerosis. Now you must be wondering what is this atherosclerosis? Well! It is an ailment that grows when there is deposition of a substance called plaque in the arteries wall. This, in turn, results in blocking the blood flow through the arteries because of narrowing of the arteries. As blood stops flowing it may eventually result in the formation of blood clot, thereby leading to a heart attack.
A heart attack is one of the major cause of death all over the world. This occurs because a part of the heart doesn’t receive blood due to a blockage formed by a blood clot in the coronary arteries responsible for supplying blood to every part of the heart muscle. This leads to the death of that part of the heart muscle, which does not receive blood because of blocked arteries. The coronary artery disease is mainly responsible for heart attack.
Why is Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) crucial to diagnose?
- What is CAD- It is one of the most common forms of heart diseases. It impacts the bloodstream of our body because CAD causes impaired blood flow in our arteries.
- It’s Causes- If you have a vascular injury, that too along with the cholesterol plaque build-up in your arteries, then you are at high risk of the CAD.
- Symptoms of CAD- Burning, Chest Pain, Heaviness, Squeezing and tightness. Women can feel nausea, back pain, chest pain, vomiting, jaw pain, etc.
- Treatment- Doctors will first suggest lifestyle changes, if the condition does not improve, they may suggest surgeries like coronary artery bypass graft surgery, balloon angioplasty, etc.
Symptoms of heart attack in men
A heart attack is more common in men than in women. The symptoms that are seen when a man suffers from a heart attack are:
• Chest pain
• Chest discomfort or pressure
• Pain in other parts of the body like left arm, jaw, shoulder, back.
• Feeling tires
• Nausea and vomiting
• Shortness of breath
Although women also suffer almost the same symptoms of heart attack as men some of the symptoms like pain in left arm, jaw, shoulder, nausea, vomiting, breathlessness is more commonly seen in women than in men.
Now when you have known so much about heart attack, you must be thinking what is the cause of heart attack?
Well! The most common heart attack causes are
• Improper diet
• High cholesterol level
• Lack of exercise
• High-stress level
• High blood pressure
• Family history.
Herat attack is usually diagnosed by electrocardiogram, chest X-ray and cardiac enzyme test. Depending upon the degree of damage caused to the heart due to blockage, your doctor will decide about the treatment. For minor attacks, treatments include ingestion of beta blockers, ACE inhibitors and if somebody suffers from a major heart attack, the patient will be treated with angioplasty or insertion of statin or heart bypass surgery.
Now let’s focus on some of the other cardiovascular diseases.
1. Heart failure – heart failure doesn’t imply heart has stopped beating. It is a congestive heart disease where the heart fails to pump blood properly. The heart keeps functioning properly but the amount of blood the body needs is not met. If not given proper treatment in proper time it can be dangerous.
2. Arrhythmia-This is a type of cardiovascular disease where the heart shows abnormal rhythm. It will either beat very fast, or slow or not in a regular pattern.
• Bradycardia- when the heart beats very slow like less than 60 beats per minute.
• Tachycardia- It is a condition when the heart beats very faster like more than 100 beats per minute.
Because of Arrhythmia, the heart may fail to pump the right amount of blood to the body.
3. Heart valve disease- It is a heart disease which usually involves improper opening and closing of the heart valves. When a heart valve doesn’t open properly and don’t allow the blood to flow, it is called stenosis and when it doesn’t close properly thereby allowing leaking of blood, it is called regurgitation. Similarly, another condition called prolapse, where the leaflets of the valve bulge.
4. Endocarditis- It is an infection occurring in the inner membrane of the heart that splits the valves and the chambers of the heart.
5. Congenital heart defects – This is the defects that are present in the heart during the birth of a child like a hole in the heart, less number of chambers etc.
Now when you have gained a better knowledge of different types of cardiovascular diseases, let’s throw some light on which group of people are at higher risk of heart disease?
• Age- people belonging to older age like more than 45 in men and more than 55 in women are at higher risk of heart disease.
• Sex- Men are at higher risk of heart disease than women.
• Family history – individuals with family history of heart disease are at higher risk. Therefore, they are always recommended for doing a routine check-up of heart and its functioning.
• Smoking- people who smoke are at major risk of heart disease because nicotine constricts the arteries.
• People with poor lifestyle and poor diet.
• Peoples going through stress and physical inactivity.
• Individuals having high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
Are you getting panicked thinking about the heart diseases? Wait, don’t get frightened. There are several best heart hospitals in India. If you will suffer from any of the heart disease, listed above, then immediately rush back to any of the best surgeons. If you are staying in Delhi, then there are many reliable doctors who will assist you in case of emergencies. Depending on the situation of the patient and the degree of heart damage your doctor will treat either through medications or by interventions.
Various types of intervention treatment are:
• Angioplasty and insertion of stents
• Bypass heart surgery
• Electric cardioversion
• ECCP where the blood vessels are highly stimulated for producing branches, thereby opening the way for minor blockages.
• Pacemaker which is usually used in case of congestive heart failure. A pacemaker helps in sending electrical impulses in the heart surface.
• Heart transplantation –Involves transplanting the damaged heart with a healthy heart from a healthy donor immediately after death.
Some of the medication include:
• ACE inhibitor.
• Beta-blocker therapy
• Antiplatelet drugs
• Clot buster drugs
Although there are a large number of heart surgeons in India, at Jiyoindia, you will get all selected best heart specialists in Delhi, who help in treatments of major heart diseases. As you know when a person suffers from a major heart attack, he has to undergo bypass heart surgery. But the cost of this heart surgery is quite high. But with Jiyo India, the bypass heart surgery cost is very affordable.
Other benefits of Jiyo India :
• The network of hospitals consists of all latest investigative and healing facilities.
• World-class laboratories with outstanding integration between departments, that speeds up the treatment process.
• The hospitals have highly skilled and internationally known heart specialists in India.
Although, there are a number of treatments available for all heart disease it is always better to prevent the disease than to cure it. Some of the best prevention tips are:
• Avoiding smoking
• Good lifestyle with a balanced diet.
• A lot of exercises
• Maintaining diabetes under control
• Lessening the alcohol intake.
• Maintaining blood pressure and blood cholesterol at the perfect level.
So, try to maintain a healthy heart by preventing certain things and if you or your loved one suffering from any of heart disease, then Jiyo India is the best choice for undergoing treatment. Don’t wait too long or think much because treating a heart disease early can save you from major complications.
Contact us on +91 8750033334,+91 8810627987 or write an email on firstname.lastname@example.org for medical assistance.
Send your query to email@example.com
Also Read About:- Weight Loss Surgery, Type, Symptoms and Treatment