Do you know? Over 310,800 hip replacement Surgery was performed among patients aged 45 in the year 2010. Also, it is estimated that there will be over 67 million osteoarthritis patients by 2030.
This is an eye-opening fact. Most of us are still living with many myths due to which many patients fear to get hip replacement surgery. Most of the patients who need Hip replacement surgery tend to panic and keep postponing their surgery dates. But let us tell you a fact that if you get this surgery at top hospitals of India, then hassle-free, and cost-effective hip replacements will be assured.
Take a look at some common myths
- “After replacement surgery, our hips will feel or appear artificial and not natural.”
- “Hip and joint replacement implants are only good for about 10 years.”
- “We can’t indulge in physical activities like exercise and sporting activities after hip replacement surgery”.
There are many more myths you can hear every now and then.
But let me tell you, these statements are completely false. The hip replacement surgery is not actually what people are scared of. In India, we have many experts that can perform successful hip replacement surgery with ease. Not only this, India has best in class hospitals offering world class facilities for hip replacement surgery and this helps in easy recovery as well.
Today, in this article, we are going to discuss the true and actual facts about the hip replacement that we all should know. Below are some points we will cover in this blog;
- What is hip surgery?
- Who should undergo hip replacement surgery?
- When a hip replacement is needed?
- How Well It Works
- What should I Do at Home After Hip Replacement Surgery?
- What is hip surgery?
Hip replacement surgery is a process in which an orthopedic surgeon in India surgically removes a painful hip joint with arthritis. Then it gets replaced with an artificial joint often made from metal and plastic components (known as prosthesis).
2. Who should undergo hip replacement surgery?
One may be offered hip replacement surgery if:
- A person has severe pain, swelling and stiffness in your hip joint and your mobility is reduced
- The hip pain is so severe that it interferes with your quality of life and sleep
- Activities such as shopping or getting out of the bath, are difficult or impossible
- You feel depressed because of the pain and lack of mobility
- you feel uncomfortable at work or have a normal social life
3. When a hip replacement is needed?
Hip joint replacement is necessary when the hip joint is worn or damage to the extent that you have less mobility and you experience pain even while resting. One of the most common reasons for hip replacement surgery is osteoarthritis. Various other conditions that can cause hip joint damage include:
- rheumatoid arthritis
- a hip fracture
- bone dysplasia
- septic arthritis
- ankylosing spondylitis
4. How Well It Works?
- You can go for golfing, biking, swimming, or dancing, that you did before surgery.
- You can easily do things after getting treatment from a best orthopedic doctor in Delhi such as climb stairs, get in and out of a car, walk without tiring, walk without a limp or with less of a limp, and take care of your feet.
People who have undergone through the surgery feel much less pain than before the surgery and are usually able to resume daily activities. The joint moves better and thus you will probably be able to do your daily activities more easily.
Hemiarthroplasty will last for 10 to 20 years or longer without loosening, depending on such factors as:
- Your current lifestyle and how much stress you put on a joint.
- Your weigh (being very overweight puts extra stress on the joint).
- The new joint and bones mending capability
5. What should I Do at Home After Hip Replacement Surgery?
- Use an elevated toilet seat.
- Sit in a firm, straight-back chair.
- Keeps stair climbing to a minimum
Also, keep enthusiastic pets away until you have healed completely.
Key Take Away-
In case you feel any of the symptoms we discussed above, don’t live with the pain, immediately contact the best orthopedic doctor in India and get the best treatment. They provide quality treatment without breaking your bank.
If you are wondering whom to consult and how to find out best orthopedic expert, the best orthopedic hospital in Delhi or in India, then Jiyo India should be the best destination. We collaborate with all leading orthopedic experts and hospitals in India to help the worldwide population with affordable hip replacement surgery cost, that too without compromising on the quality of treatment.
Our surgery packages and healthcare packages are tailored for every client so that they get best in their budget, without wasting even a single penny.
Contact us on +91 8750033334, +91 8810601324 or write an email on email@example.com for medical assistance.
Also Read About: Knee Replacement Surgery in India – Types, Cost And Benefits