Ovarian Cancer Symptoms – Keeping all Essentials in Mind is Important
As the name suggests, ovarian cancer is a type of cancer in which the cancer cell formation takes place in the ovaries. Ovarian cancer symptoms are not much evident at the early stage.
This is why most of the women who have ovarian cancer have mistaken the earlier symptoms with other common problems.
Due to a lack of understanding about ovarian cancer, it has become the fifth largest disease to take the life of women in the world. In many cases, women miss to understand the early symptoms and go to a doctor when cancer has taken up a diverse shape. This blog intends to give details of early ovarian cancer symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, and other essential information.
Let’s begin with seeing a few common ovarian cancer symptoms, which shows up during the early days of cancer cell formation in ovaries.
Ovarian Cancer Symptoms-
- Bloating- Bloating trouble arises when excess gas production happens in the stomach after eating. This makes the belly appear swollen, can cause discomfort and uneasiness because of stretched stomach muscles. Persistent feeling of bloating is a matter of concern, and you can confuse it with other ovarian cyst symptoms.
- Pelvic or abdominal pain- This occurs typically at the lower abdomen area. However, there are other causes of abdominal or pelvic pain as well, which include urinary tract infection or problem with other organs like uterus, cervix, fallopian tube, etc.
- Low appetite and feeling full quickly- Everybody know their regular quantity of food intake, but sudden changes in the same can also be early signs of ovarian cancer. Ovarian cancer causes low appetite will make you full quickly and can even lead to drastic weight loss.
- Change in urgency and frequency of urination- Our body is habitual with daily routines and frequency of urination. If you detect changes which alters the frequency and urgency of urination, then that can be a matter of concern.
These are the few common ovarian cancer symptoms which are misunderstood by women for other common diseases. Hence, noting the number and frequency of these symptoms can lead to early detection of the same. However, the problem is persistent, and a woman can feel that there are changes which affect her daily body routine, then she must visit a gynecologist. You should keep a sharp eye to all the ovarian cancer symptoms, and if it persists for two weeks, then experts suggest to visit a gynecologist at the earliest.
Other sub-dominant ovarian cancer symptoms-
Apart from these, there are few other ovarian cancer symptoms which have been frequently reported by women who have ovarian cancer. These ovarian cancer symptoms are fatigue, constipation, irregular menstrual cycle, back pain, indigestion, and pain during intercourse. However, these symptoms of ovarian cancer are specific symptoms for the disease as research shows that there are women who often complain of such symptoms, but they don’t have any medical issues related to ovarian cancer.
As per research, early ovarian cancer symptoms detection cannot efficiently determine the growth of cancer and that early detection of ovarian cancer symptoms does not affect the tenure or seriousness of the disease.
What causes ovarian cancer?
Well, there has been no specific answer to what causes ovarian cancer. But the research says ovarian cyst causes multiplication of cells unnaturally in the ovary which forms a tumor. This process is known as a mutation, which causes alteration in the DNA of the human body. This tumor is not malignant from the beginning. With time it turns into cancer without much ovarian cancer symptoms.
Types of ovarian cancer-
Before we go into details about the types of ovarian cancer, let us quickly see what is ovarian cancer? In the case of ovarian cancer, the cells of the ovary start to multiply unnaturally to form a tumor or cysts. These ovarian cysts cause to multiply and spread in other body organs and thus can turn into cancer, which is known as metastatic ovarian cancer.
There are mainly three types of ovarian cancer.
Doctors determine it concerning the place of occurrence or the type of cells where cancer cells are present.
- Epithelial Tumor- This occurs in the outer layer of the ovary. This part of the ovary has a thin layer of tissue around it. Around ninety percent of women who have ovarian cancer, suffer from an epithelial tumor.
- Stromal Tumor- Few ovarian cells are responsible for the production of female hormones. The stromal tumor occurs on such hormone-producing cells and is easy to diagnose than the other type of ovarian cancer symptoms.
- Germ Cell Tumor- This is the rarest of the three; it occurs in the egg-producing cells in the ovary. Typically, it engulfs younger women and does not show much ovarian cancer symptoms in the beginning.
Diagnosis and detection of ovarian cancer-
Unfortunately, there is no test to determine ovarian cancer. Usually, doctors prescribe a Pap test, which is a screening for cervical cancer. Other than this, doctors perform blood tests and another scanning to determine the presence of ovarian cancer. Doctors will recommend some diagnostic tests based on the patient’s ovarian cancer symptoms.
The blood tests are meant to establish the ovarian cancer symptoms are:
- Inhibin B and Inhibin A
Other screening tests for ovarian cancer are:
- Transvaginal Ultrasound
- Pelvic Exam
- Recto-Vaginal Pelvic Examination or Bimanual Exam
A patient complaining of ovarian cancer symptoms who has done through a combination of tests is further taken for consideration for further diagnosis if the test results are not satisfactory. Further ovarian cancer diagnosis involves:
- CT Scan
Post detection of ovarian cancer, there is a question of the cancer stage. This will have a significant impact on the treatment course as well as the effectiveness of the treatment on a patient.
During the biopsy, tissues and fluids from the affected area are taken as a sample which is further tested in the pathology. This pathological test determines the ovarian cancer stages. There are three stages, i.e., grade one, two, and three. Grade one refers to the condition where detection of cancer through early ovarian cancer symptoms, whereas the third grade implies it has already turned malignant with less scope for treatment.
However, keeping a tap on ovarian cancer symptoms and early detection of ovarian cancer may lead to better treatments. Studies show 46 percent of ovarian cancer survival rate. The survival rate is high when the patient notices ovarian cancer symptoms in the initial stage and consult the doctor at the earliest.
Ways of preventing ovarian cancer–
There can be many reasons which determine ovarian cancer, but as we all know, there is no such development in medical science till date, which can define the boundaries of cancer. However, with studies, it has been established that there are few reasons which play a vital role in ovarian cancer.
Who are at risk?
The risk factors increase for these women who have reports of:
- Late pregnancy
- Early inception of the menstrual cycle
- With the history of ovarian cancer of breast cancer in their family
- Late menopause
- Not given birth to a child
How to prevent ovarian cancer?
Well, prevention is not possible for a disease like cancer. Still, we may take proven preventive initiatives which can go a long way.
- Use of birth control pills
- Consultation with a gynecologist if there is any family history of ovarian or breast cancer
- Looks for early ovarian cancer symptoms and act quickly
- Giving birth to 3-4 children
- Sterilization or removal of uterus which is not necessary after a certain age.
Treatment of ovarian cancer-
After determining ovarian cancer and its grade, the oncologist will start your treatment immediately. Ovarian cancer treatment includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and hormone therapy.
Ovarian cancer treatment in India has taken a distinctive phase as a few hospitals in India offers world-class treatment for the same. India is one of the countries who have advanced technology and talented doctors and therefore, advanced medical setup for such therapies.
Jiyo India can help you in consulting best oncologist at any top 10 hospital for cancer in India. You can get successful ovarian cancer treatment at the best cancer hospital in India, especially where ovarian cancer treatment is one of the best across the world.
We should not ignore the early ovarian cancer symptoms in any case and should take immediate action if there are persistent and noticeable changes in the functioning of the body.
If you want to access the best ovarian cancer treatment in India, then Jiyo India can be the best help. We are associated with all best ovarian cancer experts and top hospitals for best ovarian cancer treatment. Jiyo India team takes care of patients and his/her family throughout the treatment.
We arrange everything for a hassle-free and budget-friendly treatment so that the patient doesn’t have to take any kind of trouble. Jiyo India team can help you get the medication in any top hospitals of India as per your convenience.
Contact us on +91 8750033334, +91 8810601324 or write an email on email@example.com for medical assistance.