PCOS- A Leading Concern For Every Female. Here Are Its Causes, Symptoms And Best Treatment Options
September is PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) Awareness Month!
PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) or PCOD is a common problem in women we keep hearing these days. But are we aware enough to deal with it? Most of us would answer as ‘no’. Complete knowledge helps in better polycystic ovary syndrome treatment. Under this blog, we will discuss various important factors about PCOS.
Do you know why the whole world gives so much importance to PCOS awareness?
It is because a major ratio of India as well as the world’s female population is suffering from PCOS disease.
The more You are aware of PCOS, its signs, symptoms, treatment, etc. the more you will be safe and can easily stay away from the same.
Let’s begin and discuss each important factor in detail.
What is PCOS?
PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) is commonly known as a polycystic ovarian syndrome. It is caused due to the reproductive hormones’ imbalance. This imbalance can give rise to many other health issues like irregular menstrual periods, over-weight, infertility, cyst development and lot more.
Who is at more risk?
Women from any corner of the world are at risk for PCOS. The risk for PCOS increases if you are obese or if you have a mother/ sister or a close relative with PCOS.
Some of the common PCOS symptoms
- Weight gain
- You become hairy on the face, chin and many other body parts, just like men have excess hair.
- Irregular Menstrual Cycle- This is One of the most common symptoms. Some women see delayed periods, some see frequent periods, while for few, the menstrual period can stop.
- Acne of upper back, chest, and face.
- Hair loss, thinning hair, male pattern baldness.
- Skin tags in the neck or nearby areas like armpits.
- Skin darkening in the groin, along with neck creases, beneath breasts.
The polycystic ovarian disease is quite common, so keep a sharp eye on all the symptoms.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Causes:-
Two prime PCOS causes are high levels of insulin and androgen. Through positive lifestyle changes and using various dietary supplements, but there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to treatment.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Diagnosis:-
After spotting any of the symptoms we discussed today, you must consult a healthcare expert. They can perform few diagnosis procedures like physical examination, pelvic examination or ultrasound, blood tests to check hormonal imbalance and polycystic ovaries, etc.
There is no PCOS treatment yet, signs of PCOS is easily manageable through medicines, exercise schedules. As all the symptoms are easily recognizable, one should consult and healthcare expert at the earliest. Prolong ignorance can give rise to heart diseases and diabetes as well. Polycystic ovaries treatment under expert’s supervision is always successful.
Also Read About:- IVF (In Vitro Fertilization): An Introduction and Procedure
Some of the best options for PCOS natural treatment are:
- Keep the intake of protein and carbohydrates under control. Consuming legumes, nuts, whole grains are considered best.
- Increase the iron intake- many females suffer from heavy bleeding during their menstrual periods and this, in turn, makes them anemic. Iron-rich food will help them tackle this condition. You can include eggs, spinach, broccoli, etc. to your diet.
- Include anti-inflammatory eatables- Tomatoes, olive oil, leafy veggies, tuna fish, etc fights inflammation wonderfully.
- Increase the magnesium intake- spinach, bananas, almonds, cashews, etc. are magnesium-rich food you find in your kitchen.
Other supplements for PCOS natural treatment are Turmeric, cinnamon, cod liver oil, berberine, Maca root, ashwagandha, holy basil, etc.
Maintain your body weight by practicing yoga daily and consuming low-calorie balanced diet.
Remember- Consistent weight loss through a balanced and low-calorie diet is considered one of the best PCOS natural treatment.
Yoga is a life-saving hack for PCOS patients
Here are some Yoga asanas (poses) that help in PCOS treatment
- Pawanmukt asana
- Pranayam and other meditation asanas.
Yoga calms the body, which in turn calms the mind and aids the weight loss. This again leads to a regulation of hormonal imbalance.
What if you are not able to combat the PCOS through natural remedies?
You should get in touch with the best expert as soon as possible.
How you can find the best healthcare expert for PCOS treatment?
To avoid hassled process, you can simply take Jiyo India membership for free and they will arrange an advance appointment with leading doctor, will assist in diagnosis process through giving you access to best pathology service in affordable charges, best medicines from the reliable pharmacy, IPD/OPD needs and lot more. All leading specialists and hospitals will give special privilege to Jiyo India members when it is about the best treatment for PCOS and hence you can keep it under control easily.
Contact us on +91 8810627987,+91 8750033334 or write an email on firstname.lastname@example.org for medical assistance.
Also Read About:- Thyroid Symptoms: It Reveals Much More About Our Overall Health!