September Is The National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month
The reason why we dedicate a whole month to aware more and more population of prostate cancer treatment in India is that:
Cases of prostate cancer are coming up these days, most of us are not well/aware of complete details of prostate cancer. If we will be more aware of its causes, signs, symptoms, ways to diagnose it and the best treatment options etc. It will help us to lower down the number of prostate cancer sufferers to a great extent.
This prostate cancer awareness month 2018, we will try to gather the best possible information about prostate cancer in India.
Let’s be the awareness.
1. What is Prostate Cancer?
The below the bladder and in front of the rectum, when cancerous cells affect the prostate gland in men and start growing in an uncontrollable manner, then we call this type of cancer as the prostate cancer, every minute there are changes in the prostate gland are common among prostate cancer patients, it becomes more prominent in further stages.
Key factors about Prostate Cancer we should be aware of:
- One of the most common Cancer in Men
- It is easy to cure, it can be diagnosed in the very initial stage.
- Screening in the regular interval is the best possible way for early detection.
2. Prostate Cancer Causes
The excess quantity of PSA (prostate-specific antigen) is the first sign of prostate cancer. Prostate gland excretes PSA and helps semen in retaining its state (liquid). The actual cause behind the prostate cancer is still not known but yes, a number of following factors can put you at the risk:
- If your age is 50 years or above, you are at higher risk.
- If you are obese for a long time.
- Similar family history.
- More common in Africans, Africans-Caribbeans and Asians men.
- Eating food with higher calcium also contains to puts you at more risk.
IN advance cases prostate cancer surgery is preferred by:
3. Common symptoms of prostate cancer in men.
Symptoms vary according to the cancer stage as well but some of the early stages of prostate cancer symptoms include:
- Frequent urination urge, even at night.
- Problem while urinating, It can be painful urination also.
- Blood in the urine.
- Difficulty in ejaculation or erection.
Prostate cancer symptoms in advance stage are:
- Bone pain is a prominent symptom. This can include pelvic pain, spine, ribs, and femur.
- Bone fractures are also seen in advance stage sufferers.
Symptoms If cancer spreads till spine:
- Weakness (especially in the leg), Fecal and urinary incontinence
4. Ways for prostate cancer diagnosis
Any best doctor for prostate cancer in India will prefer physical examination, see patient’s medical history, few tests to see PSA levels, depending on its result they can do digital rectal examination (DRE), a biomarker test, PCA3 test, a transrectal ultrasound scan, biopsy etc.
They can also do bone MRI or CT scan to see how much cancer is spread.
5. In how many stages doctors categorize it?
Every doctor will categorize prostate cancer stages ranging from stage 0 to stage 4:
- Stage 1- The cancer cells are present only in prostate and PSA level remains under 10. It never penetrates deep inside the prostate nor it spreads out of it.
- Stage 2- The tumor growth increases within the prostate and affects a major part of it but not out of the prostate.
- Stage 3- The cancer cells start affecting nearby tissues.
- Stage 4- Cancer becomes uncontrollable as the cancerous cells spread to other body organs like the liver, lungs, bones, lymph nodes etc.
For effective prostate cancer treatment, it is important to identify the stage accurately. Going to the best hospital for prostate cancer at the earliest plays a crucial role.
6. Prostate cancer treatment options:
Treatment depends on which stage of prostate cancer the patient is suffering, most important factor for faster treatment and recovery is to consult any best prostate cancer hospital in India because they have best health care experts and use latest technologies to treat the patient.
Treatment for Early-stage prostate cancer- If the cancer cell is small and has not spread further, then doctors will prefer the following;
- Regular monitoring of PSA blood levels.
- Radical prostatectomy: Doctors remove the prostate through a surgical procedure.
- Brachytherapy: Form of target radiation treatment.
- Radiation therapy: Conformal radiation therapy or Intensity-modulated radiation therapy.
Treatment suggestions will depend on case to case. Hence, it is important to consult the best oncologist in any of the best prostate cancer treatment hospitals in India. Doctors can also recommend hormone therapy for prostate cancer in certain cases.
Advanced prostate cancer treatment– It includes chemotherapy, ADT (androgen deprivation therapy)
7. Where to head for affordable prostate cancer’s treatment in India?
Jiyo India has its collaboration with the best doctor for prostate cancer in India. They can customize a surgery/ healthcare package for their member, therefore the patient doesn’t require to pay unnecessary charges.
Our privileges include a pathology service, IPD/ OPD, assistance at an affordable price and lots more. Take a step towards the awareness month 2018 and ensure best prostate cancer treatment.
Contact us on +91 8750033334,+91 8810627987 or write an email on firstname.lastname@example.org for medical assistance.
Also Read About:- Top 10 Cancer Hospital in India