Spine Surgery can help in lower back pain relief. Let’s know some more about this!
One of the most common spines related problem that a major ratio of the population suffers from is neck pain and lower back pain. According to research, almost 80% US citizens and a prominent ratio of the worldwide population suffer from back and neck pain at some point in life. In most of the cases, it improves by its own or without surgery that is conservative.
There are various reasons responsible for causing issues in the lower, middle or upper part of the spine. Contacting the Denver spine surgeons at Neurosurgery One (formerly South Denver Neurosurgery) is the best option, in case you want to have complete information about your treatment options. Our surgeons never recommend surgery until or unless it’s the only option left. They try to treat spine conditions conservatively without surgery if possible with a personalized touch of care.
Let us learn more about Spinal Fusion Surgery in India:
As the name suggests, spinal fusion surgery is an operation in which two or more vertebrae are permanently joined together. But the description of the word doesn’t end at its definition only. There is a lot more to know but according to an orthopedic spine surgeon at Rush University Medical Center, Frank M. Phillips, MD, who has been a leader in research to improve the tools and techniques used for the procedure:
- Fusion can often be done minimally invasively.
- Many patients return to normal activities.
- Fusion shouldn’t be the first treatment option but sometimes, in some cases, it’s the best option.
- Fusion can’t heal the whole spine.
According to research, it is declared that approximate 90% of our patients can be treated non-operatively with physical therapy, spinal injections, medication management, or a combination of these treatment options. Now the question that must be popping on your head is then why we need spinal fusion surgery?
What’s the exact point of going through it? Well, below are the top 3 reasons a patient may need surgical intervention to treat his or her back or neck pain:
Also Read About: Top 10 Hospitals for Medical Tourism in India
Top 3 reasons to have spinal surgery
- To take pressure off of nerves
- To stabilize an unstable spine
- To realign a crooked spine
Let us discuss them in detail:
- To take pressure off of nerves: There are some conditions out there such as spinal stenosis symptoms or lumbar stenosis which compress the nerves within the spinal column. This compression leads to pain, tingling, numbness, muscle weakness, and other more severe symptoms. The process like spinal decompression or spinal stenosis surgery is required to prevent this kind of permanent impairment. Other surgeries involved in the treatment of cervical spine stenosis are laminectomy, ALIF, or XLIF.
- To stabilize an unstable spine: We are well aware of the functioning of a healthy spine. It provides structure, protection, and support for the body. Generally, an unstable spine refers to the inability of the spinal column to maintain its natural form under normal usage conditions. The incapability of holding together the spinal ligaments, muscles, disc, and bones in such a way as to provide these essential functions is what best defines an unstable spine.
The need for spinal stabilization surgery is required most often in a lot of conditions such as spinal fractures, spondylolisthesis, and even sometimes an extreme disc injury. Also, the surgery is must to have if the problems persist like intractable back pain, leg pain, or significant neurologic problems from a pinched nerve. The herniated disc surgery is best achieved by fusing the unstable parts of the spine through an ALIF, PLIF, or Lateral Interbody Fusion.
- To realign a crooked spine: there are some conditions that lead to various impairments and also even affect the natural curvature of the spine such as scoliosis, kyphosis, and flat-back syndrome. For the treatment of Scoliosis and kyphosis, it is generally recommended treat it non-operatively through bracing and physical therapy but in case the spinal curvature exceeds a certain limit, surgical intervention is required to realign the spine. The same criteria go for flat- back syndrome as well.
Prime Benefits of Spine Surgery?
- You can move around better.
- You’re more physically fit.
- Your mood improves.
- End of taking painkiller tablets.
- You can go back to work.
- You’re more productive at work.
Risk Factors we should be aware off;
Every surgery brings some degree of risk with it. Have a look:
- Reaction to anesthesia or other drugs
- Blood clots (mainly in your legs or your lungs)
- Heart attack
- Herniated disk
- Nerve Damage (results in weakness, paralysis, pain, sexual dysfunction, or loss of bowel or bladder control).
It’s better to talk to your doctor before you go ahead.
How Jiyo India Assists in Best Spine Surgery?
Jiyo India is an international healthcare service Facilitator, located in India. We help the worldwide population is consulting the best orthopedic doctor in Delhi or in India with ease. For this, we have collaborated with all leading spinal surgeons and hospitals in India that are excellent in spine surgery and related treatment. Jiyo India members get the end to end treatment assistance at discounted deals.
Be it any of the best orthopedic hospitals in India, we can help with complete surgery, that too without troubling your expenses. For international patients, Jiyo India team takes care of every single step, right from assisting them to fly down to India, until they are completely fine.
Contact us on +91 8750033334, +91 8810601324 or write an email on email@example.com for medical assistance.
Also, Read About: Knee Replacement Surgery in India – Types, Cost And Benefits