Thyroid (a butterfly-shaped gland located in the base of our neck) is a little powerhouse of our body and plays a crucial role in maintaining normal body functionalities, including our metabolic process. According to experts, it can affect almost all the body organs and their functions respectively.
Thyroid problems are quite a common disorder, especially in women than in men. The problems arise due to the imbalance of thyroid hormone. Any kind of thyroid problem can land an individual into an increased risk of cardiovascular disease and an overall distorted life.
One must never ignore symptoms of thyroid problems and should rush to thyroid specialist as soon as possible because prolonged ignorance can become a huge problem. It is very essential for all of us to know its symptoms and what these symptoms tell about our overall health.
Remember- Thyroid symptoms will itself explain how badly it affects the human body’s overall functionality.
Let’s begin with discussing essential topics;
1. Types Thyroid disease & Thyroid symptoms for each type
There are n-number of thyroid disorders that show a different effect in different organs. Some diseases will affect the thyroid’s structure, while some will affect its functionalities. Goiter is a common disease that occurs due to enlargement of the thyroid gland.
Two main types of thyroid disorders are Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism.
1.a. Hypothyroidism- Hypothyroidism slowdowns the body functions and this is due to the thyroid gland’s underperformance. One of the major causes include autoimmune disorder (Hashimoto’s thyroiditis) that cause inflammation and the next cause is thyroid hormone resistance.
Hypothyroidism Symptoms –
- Fatigue– It is one of the most common thyroid symptoms.
- Excessive bleeding during the menstrual cycle in women- it is one of the most common thyroid symptoms in women.
- Lack of concentration– Hypothyroidism affects brain’s functionalities, resulting into lack of concentration. Thyroid hormone plays a crucial role in the overall growth and development of the complete body.
- Dry Skin– Skin becomes flaky due to the insufficient amount of thyroid hormone in our body.
- Joints or muscular pain– Most of us ignore this symptom considering it as a result of over-exhaustion.
1.b. Hyperthyroidism- It is a result of excessive thyroid hormone production that speeds-up overall body functionality. Excessive iodine consumption is also one of the main reasons.
Hyperthyroidism Symptoms –
- Fast Heart Rate– it is one of the most common Hyperthyroidism Symptoms. In the case of long ignorance, it can cause pulmonary and cardiac problems.
- Tremors (Involuntary muscle movements)– Tremors in the arm, hands, lungs, and face can be seen.
- Excessive Weight loss– It is a matter of concern with you notice drastic weight loss due to an unknown reason.
- Frequent Bowel Movements– it happens due to the overproduction of thyroid hormone.
- Impaired concentration– Lack of concentration is a common symptom in both hypothyroid and hyperthyroid patients.
The symptoms of thyroid disorder vary in and women in both types of thyroid disorder.
2. How will a doctor diagnose Thyroid disorder?
You healthcare expert will first recommend a blood test to see the TSH levels in your body. Thyroid treatment will depend on this report. This level can be high or abnormal.
3. Thyroid treatment Options
Treatment can be very effective if you get it done under an experienced endocrinologist. The treatment is possible with help of medicines as well as surgical procedures. But still, it is always necessary to take preventative measures. For effective treatment, one should not ignore any symptoms in the initial stages and should consult the thyroid specialist without any delay.
So, now as you very well know how thyroid symptoms can drastically affect your overall body. You must also know about the best point of contact for precise thyroid treatment at the earliest.
Take the very first and best step towards early diagnosis and treatment of thyroid!
Jiyo India collaborates with all leading thyroid specialists, most reliable pathology labs, genuine pharmacy to all the leading hospitals that have excellent facilities for thyroid treatment. Our healthcare officers provide special assistance with IPD/ OPD services, fixing an appointment with best endocrinologist doctor, in customizing a healthcare package to reduce the overall treatment cost as per your budget and lot more. One can get access to all these benefits from anywhere through any corner of the planet by taking Jiyo India Membership. The best part is that this membership is absolutely free!
Don’t wait and let your thyroid symptoms ruin your complete lifestyle and daily routine. Get in touch with Jiyo India and fix an appointment with best thyroid specialist near you.
Contact us on +91 8810627987,+91 8750033334 or write an email on email@example.com for medical assistance.
Also Read About: Respiratory Diseases: Symptoms, Causes, Remedies and Treatment