Neurology is one of the most complex branches of science as it deals with the study as well as the treatment of nervous system disorders. Our nervous system is much more complex than what we can think of and it helps in proper functioning of the entire body.
Neurology deals with 2 prime divisions of our nervous system, i.e.,
- Central Nervous System- The Brain & The Spinal Cord
- Peripheral Nervous System– Sensory receptors, eyes, skin, ear, etc.
With respect to any issues with the brain, spinal cord, or any other sensory receptors, you can consult a neurologist because they are well trained to deal with the neurological diseases.
Neurologist Vs Neurosurgeon. How Different Are They?
Neurologist – A neurologist is a principle physician who is trained to take care of the diagnosis, treatment, and management of brain and nervous system disorders. So, when a person faces any neurological disorder they need to report it to a neurologist.
Neurosurgeon- They are specialized in the treatment of patients with traumatic brain injury, head injury treatment, spine injuries, and lot more. They can provide a medicinal or a surgical treatment, operative or non-operative treatments depending upon the health conditions.
A neurologist can handle following;
- Neuromuscular medicine
- Headache medicine
- Vascular (stroke care)
- Intervention neuroradiology
- Neurocritical care
- Geriatric neurology
- Autonomic disorders
- Child neurology
There are many other issues that can be taken to a neurologist.
What Does A Neurologist Treat For You?
- Infections on the brain like brain abscesses, meningitis, encephalitis.
- Issues with the peripheral nervous system
- Parkinson’s disease, which is a Movement disorder
- Alzheimer’s disease- Dementia and memory loss symptom
- Multiple sclerosis-This is a known brain and spinal cord disorder that potentially disable their functionalities.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease)- It is a group of neurological diseases that are rarely found. It involves the neurons (nerve cells) and these nerve cells play a prime
rolein involuntary muscle movement control.
- Seizure disorders like epilepsy- According to experts Epilepsy is the fourth most common neurological disorder causing unpredictable seizures (unusual
behaviour, loss of awareness)
- Speech and language disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders like myasthenia gravis
- Spinal Cord disorders like Inflammatory and autoimmune disorders.
- Cerebrovascular disease can also be reported.
Remember- Neurologists do not perform surgeries, but Neurosurgeons do.
Neurological Procedures Includes:
- Lumbar puncture- This procedure can be done for testing the spinal fluid. After numbing the spine, they insert a needle into your spine to take out the sample spinal fluid
- Tensilon test- This is done to diagnose myasthenia gravis where a medicine named Tensilon is used to see the muscle movements.
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)- This is helpful for measuring the electrical activity in the brain.
You can also go through the sleep studies, CT scan, MRI, PET scan, angiography and other tests to diagnose any kind of spine and brain disorders.
When You Can See Spine Specialists?
- Cervical spine disorders– When you suffer cervical spine injury or pain in the neck, shoulders, arms as well as hands, including numbness, tingling or weakness then you may be suffering from cervical spine disorder. Consulting the best spine hospital in India is the best option because you may need cervical radiculopathy treatment.
- Carotid Artery Disease- When blood vessels that are responsible for blood circulation in the head as well as neck, it’s carotid arteries that need to be treated to improve the vascular health of the patient and to prevent strokes.
- Chronic Pain- Any kind of nervous system related pain is rightly diagnosed by a neurosurgeon.
- Any types of brain injury – Be it an internal injury, external head injury, anoxic brain injury or any other brain injuries, all of them should be taken to the best neurosurgeon.
- Sciatica- It is a common disorder that causes due to the inflammation as well as irritation of the sciatic nerve. This results in severe pain in the lower back, leg as well as thighs. You can also take it to best spinal cord hospital in India.
- Trigeminal Neuralgia Treatment- Trigeminal Neuralgia Treatment is needed when the trigeminal nerve in our face cause severe pain in the lower face including jaw. Symptoms may vary depending upon the patient to patient.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis- It is a condition wherein the spine canal narrow downs causing compression of nerves that are going through our lower back. You will need Spinal stenosis treatment when you feel sever pain, followed by numbness and week ness in your legs.
Spine problems have become very common and one of the main reasons behind it is our wrong sitting posture. We often sit in an inappropriate way and avoid sitting straight. This, in turn, initiates spine diseases.
List of spine related diseases includes:
- Spinal stenosis
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal disc herniation
- Spina bifida
- Neck pain
- Spinal cord injury
- Ankylosing spondylitis
Back pain is a common problem, but do you know it can be due to spine related disorder? Most of the back and neck pain are symptoms of cervical and this, in turn, is a spine-related problem. If you have any of these symptoms and your physician.
Feel free to take these disorders to the best spine specialist in India without any hesitation. Spinal cord tumor is very crucial to handle and hence you should consult top 10 spine surgeons in India to make sure that your spinal cord problems can be taken care with utmost care.
How Jiyo India Can Help Treating Brain And Spine Disorders!
We can give access to best neuro spine surgeon in Delhi and even across India with
Jiyo India Members gets special privileges. Here are some of them;
- Clinic consultation with the best N
eurologistsdoctor across India- We can get preferred appointments with reliable neurologists and spine specialists, with reliable pathology services, surgery assistance at best spine surgery hospital in India, affordable medications, and lot more. We even offer online consultation.
- IPD (In-Patient Department) Admissions- While admission in any neuro spine hospital, we assign a special medical officer that takes care of all the IPD related need like documentation process, discharge procedures, cashless IPD admission, etc.
- Hospital OPD arrangement-Jiyo India’s special OPD arrangement for our members includes high-end examination rooms, consultancy rooms, pathology services, affordable pharmacy needs, consultation, etc.
- Complete Pathology needs- With us, you get the benefit of getting your all tests in best diagnostics
centres, so that your neuro and spine disorders can be diagnosed at the earliest.
- Surgery packages- In case you need any brain surgery or even spine surgery in the best spinal cord hospital in India, we can customize a surgery package where you can get special discount on neurosurgeon’s consultation charges, medications, room rent, meals, etc. and ultimately the surgery cost will be lower down to a great extent.
- Pharmacy needs- Medicines are one of the most important factors of any kind of treatment process. Jiyo India members can purchase reliable medicines in pocket-friendly charges.
- Customized Health packages– We can add or even reduce the number of medical benefits offered in an ideal surgery package or any healthcare package according to the patients’ needs and requirements. This way, he/she does not have to pay extra for the services he/she is not using.
- Medical Tourism in India- Medical tourism in India has seen a high demand this decade and this is why Jiyo India also gives special privilege to foreign origins when they wish to consult neuro spine specialist with
Feel free to call our Jiyo India team to know more about neurosurgeon doctor, a spine specialist or any other neurology related need!
We will be more than happy to help you!
Contact us on +91 8750033334,+91 8810627987 or write an email on firstname.lastname@example.org for medical assistance.