Breast Cancer is the most common cancer and is the leading cause of deaths due to cancer in the world. The quality of breast healthcare delivery and the ultimate clinical outcome for patients with breast cancer are directly related to the quality of breast pathology practices within the healthcare system.
Every woman should know the symptoms and signs of breast cancer, and at any time, if an abnormality is discovered, it should be investigated by a healthcare professional. It could be recognized by subsequent symptoms.
- A change in the skin texture or an enlargement of pores in the skin of the breast
- A lump in the breast
- Mysterious swelling or shrinkage of the breast (especially if on one side only)
- Nipple tenderness or a lump or thickening in or near the breast or underarm area
- Recent asymmetry of the breasts (Although it is common for women to have one breast that is slightly larger than the other, if the onset of irregularity is recent, it should be checked.)
- Nipple that is turned slightly inward or inverted
- Skin of the breast, areola, or nipple that becomes scaly, red, or swollen or may have ridges or pitting resembling the skin of an orange
- It is also important to note that a milky discharge that is present when a woman is not breastfeeding should be checked by her doctor, although it is not linked with breast cancer.
Facilities Offered Specialized Breast Imaging An exceptionally proficient staff in breast imaging is available to report mammograms, ultrasounds and Breast MRI. The subsequent imaging services are offered at the centre for screening and symptomatic patients
- Digital Mammography
- 8 channel coil 1.5 tesla dedicated breast MRI scan
- 4 D ultrasound with elastography
- Image guided fine needle aspiration and core biopsy
- Stereotactic localization
- 64 Slice CT
- PET-CT Scanner
Full Pathology Services including analysis of frozen sections along with all tumor markers gene profiling of breast cancers. Breast Surgery
- Qualified and certified Breast Surgeons dedicated to provide the vital standard of care.
- Amenities for Sentinel Node Biopsy, Nipple Sparing Mastectomies and Breast Oncoplastic Surgery.
- Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery—both immediate and delayed reconstruction with pedicled, free and tissue transfer flaps and grafts.
- Dedicated Multidisciplinary breast cancer joint treatment center with surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists.
- Committed breast oncology panel
- Specialized chemotherapy staff
- Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery-both immediate and delayed reconstruction with pedicled, free and tissue transfer flaps and grafts.
- Chemotherapy day unit
- Dedicated breast radiation oncology team
- Intra-operative radiotherapy implantation
- IGRT, IMRT and brachytherapy for breast cancer
In accumulation, we provide additional support services like breast care nurses along with Physiotherapy experts and rehabilitation professionals.
Prostate cancer is one of the most widespread cancers in men. Prostate cancer usually grows slowly and at first remains limited to the prostate gland, a small walnut-shaped gland that produces the seminal fluid that nourishes and transports sperm, where it may not cause severe damage. Whereas some types of prostate cancer develop gradually and may need minimal or no treatment, other types are aggressive and can spread rapidly.
Prostate cancer has a better chance of successful treatment if detected early, when it's still confined to the prostate gland
Men observing the following signs or symptoms must consult a physician for a thorough examination
- Blood in urine or semen
- Frequent urination, especially at night
- Inability to urinate
- Nagging pain or stiffness in the back, hips, upper thighs, or pelvis
- Painful ejaculation
- Pain or burning during urination
- Weak or interrupted urine flow
Diagnostic Tests Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test
Another minimally invasive technique where a thin lighted tube with a camera at its tip (called a laparoscope) is inserted through a small incision in the abdomen. The camera projects a magnified, high-definition image of the surgical area onto a screen. Using the projected image as a guide, the surgeon removes the prostate, seminal vesicles, and lymph nodes with specialized surgical instruments
Radiation therapy is often as effective as surgery in men who have early-stage prostate cancer. In a prostate biopsy, an urologist removes tissue samples from the prostate using thin needles. You will receive a local anesthesia before the procedure.
Diagnostic Imaging or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
If your biopsy determines that you have prostate cancer, your physician will likely recommend imaging tests to identify the precise location of your tumor and to determine the extent of the disease.
Depending on the findings of the DRE, PSA level, and biopsy, your doctor may also use one or more of the following imaging technologies to fully characterize your disease:
- MRI to determine the location and extent of the tumor
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging (MRSI), which detects levels of proteins and other chemicals associated with prostate cancer, and helps to stage the tumor.
- CT scan to determine whether the cancer has spread to lymph nodes other organs, or bones
- Radionuclide bone scans to observe whether the cancer has spread to the bone.
We take care to avoid overtreatment for men with localized tumors that are indolent, particularly if tests suggest that the risk posed by possible side effects of treatment is higher than the risk posed by the cancer.
For this reason, our doctors will perform a comprehensive evaluation to determine your risk before recommending treatment options to you.
- Active surveillance, A dynamic disease-management treatment option in which more aggressive treatment is deferred, while your doctor monitors the tumor closely for any signs that it might be growing or is becoming more aggressive.
- Radical prostatectomy, Surgery to remove the prostate gland. Prostatectomy may offer a cure if the cancer has not spread beyond the gland.
- Radiation therapy, highly precise doses of radiation delivered by radioactive seed implantation and external beam techniques, including stereotactic radio surgery. Radiation therapy may be used in the treatment of both early-stage and more-advanced localized tumors.
- Focal therapies, minimally invasive techniques for eliminating small tumors that are confined to the prostate and show no signs of being aggressive. Focal therapies minimize injury to the prostate gland and surrounding tissue.
- Systemic therapies, Systemic therapies are often used in combination with radical Prostatectomy or radiation therapy as a safety measure against the spread of a clinically localized prostate cancer.
Radical prostatectomy surgery to remove the prostate gland may be an option.
- If you are newly diagnosed with early-stage localized prostate cancer that is not appropriate for an active surveillance approach, and you have a long life expectancy. For men in this clinical state, radical prostatectomy alone can often eliminate the cancer.
- If you have a rising PSA level after initial treatment with focal therapy - indicating that the cancer was not completely eliminated.
- If you have a more advanced tumor that could safely be removed surgically. In these cases, radical prostatectomy is often performed in combination with other treatment approaches.
- If you experience recurrent prostate cancer after you have received radiation therapy. In this Circumstance, you may be a candidate for another type of surgery called salvage radical Prostatectomy.
- Prostate surgery team includes experts in several approaches for prostate cancer, including Traditional "open" surgery and minimally invasive techniques such as robot-assisted surgery and Laparoscopic surgery.
Hematology is the scientific study of blood and the body tissues that make it. A Blood cancer or hematological cancer is one affecting the blood directly or the tissues that are responsible for making it. We concern for care of patients with cancers that impinge on blood-forming cells (e.g., leukemia, lymphoma) and solid tumors.
Our Hematology / Oncology physicians are proficient in choosing and administering drug therapies, such as chemotherapy, immunotherapy (sometimes called biological response modifiers) or hormonal therapy, either alone or in combination with other treatments.
We offer care for every type of leukemia, including
- Acute and chronic leukemia
- Myelodysplastic syndrome
- Myeloproliferative disorders
- Lymphoma (lymphoblastic lymphoma, splenic lymphoma, Burkitt's lymphoma, large granular lymphocyte leukemia/lymphoma, mantle cell lymphoma)
- Multiple myeloma and amyloidosis
- Blood disorders, including hairy cell leukemia and aplastic anemia
Our Range of Treatment Services We propose a complete choice of nearly all advanced diagnostic studies and therapeutic treatments accessible today. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Second opinions
- Consultations on complicated cases
- Outpatient and inpatient care
- Short-term and long-term care and disease management
- Infusions of antibiotics
- Aphaeresis services
- Programs specifically tailored to the unique needs of women and the elderly
Gynecological cancers are cancers of the female reproductive system together with cancers of the womb (uterus), vulva, cervix and ovaries. The principal objective of our hospital is to provide high excellence, patient focused, fresh cancer care, in a well-timed manner as possible. We hope to endow with quick admittance for women with suspected or proven gynecological cancers to a multidisciplinary team working in alliance with a completely incorporated cancer network. The functionality of our association has depended upon secure operational interaction, and obedience to equally established procedures and guidelines.
We aspire to generate an atmosphere that is both patient focused and motivated by all of the health care professionals delivering the service.
Prostate cancer has a better chance of successful treatment if detected early, when it's still confined to the prostate gland
Principal treatments may involve surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy or a combination of these. In addition, support services such as pathology and palliative care are also well established.
Following screenings are provided:-
- Screening for cancer cervix
- Care for HPV (Human papillomavirus) infections
- Ovarian and endometrial screening for high- risk patients
Major surgeries offered Radical surgeries including radical hysterectomies, pelvic & Para aortic lymph node dissection, surgical cyto reductions for ovarian cancer, radical vulvectomy, inguino femoral node dissection, vaginectomy, exenterations with colostomy and ileal
- Minimally invasive surgeries in selected patients
- Fertility preserving surgical procedures
- Management of gynecological premalignant
Head and Neck cancers constitute a major health problem in our country and accounts for over 1/3rd of all cancers in India, compared to less than 10% in the Western world and 4% in USA. Most of these cancers are tobacco related, be it smoking or chewing tobacco. In a large country like ours, the actual magnitude of problem remains underestimated and the lack of screening and early detection facilities also make treatment of these cancers difficult.
Cancers in Head and Neck may be present in a variety of symptoms like an ulcer in any part of the oral cavity, a nodule in the neck, hoarseness of voice, foreign body sensation in the throat, difficulty in swallowing, bleeding from the nose, ear or throat, or a neck mass. The diagnosis usually entails a detailed clinical examination to assess and stage the disease. A biopsy from the lesion, endoscopy guided for inaccessible areas, is taken next, complimented by imaging (CECT Scan / MRI).
Most of the cancers in Head and Neck are treated surgically over all stages of the disease, with radiation therapy going hand in hand to offer organ preservation in early disease, symptomatic relief in advanced tumors and for cementing local control in cases in between.
We have a complete range of services for management of Head and Neck malignancies, including all advanced diagnostic procedures and treatment protocols. With a well-trained & experienced team the surgical facilities includes:
- Endoscopic biopsies
- Function preserving surgeries
- Advanced reconstructive options
- Rehabilitation information
The Neurosurgical, ENT and Plastic Surgical super specialties are always available for more complex procedures. All decisions regarding treatment planning is taken by the multi-disciplinary Tumor Board based on the current guidelines of management and the evidence available. The patient's wishes and concerns together with the affordability of treatment options are also given adequate importance, given the fact that treatment of Head and Neck cancer is fought with complicated psychosocial, functional and cosmetic compromises. The sister services of Radiation and Medical Oncology assures complete management of the disease under one roof.
Major Surgeries offered
Head & Neck oncology deals with various endoscopic procedures, major and minor resections, organ preservation surgeries, as well as complex reconstructions including free flaps.
- Composite resections for oral cancers - minor and major
- Mandible preserving surgeries
- Neck dissections - super selective, selective and comprehensive
- Surgery for malignancy of sinuses and maxillectomy
- Laryngectomies and larynx preservation surgeries
- Skull base surgery
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Salivary gland surgeries with nerve sparing and reconstruction
- Total larygo-pharygo-esophagectomy with gastric pull-up
While no two families whose lives are touched by childhood cancer or blood disease are the same, every parent wants the very best care for his or her child. Through our Cancer Center, care for pediatric patients is provided by a team of pediatric specialists and nurses trained to care for young cancer patients. Our center of attention is exclusively on the diagnosis and treatment of children with cancer, and providing care for young cancer survivors.
Cancers treated for Children
- Leukemia's (ALL, AML, CML etc.)s
- Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Hodgkin Disease
- Wilm's tumor
- Rhabdomyosarcoma and other soft
- tissue sarcomas
- Bone tumors
- Brain tumors
- Germ cell tumors (Gonadal/Extragonadal)
- Liver tumors
- Nutritional anemia's
- Thalassemia major and other
- Aplastic anemia
- Other bone marrow failure syndrome (like PNH,Fanconi's anemia and congenital bone marrow failure syndrome)
We have internationally recognized pediatric oncologists, and clinical teams with expertise in specific types of cancer, work together to diagnose and treat patients with those cancers, using an evidence-based approach backed by the latest research advancements. The programs at our pediatric cancer treatment center are wide-ranging and include:
- Pediatric oncologist hematologist
- Trained Onco nurses
- Registered dieticians
- Haematopathologist and histopathologist
- Department of transfusion medicine
- Pediatric intensivist
- Health psychologist
We offer a full range of diagnosis, treatment and care services for all kinds of cancers in children, it also has specialized:-
- Bone Marrow Transplant unit (one of the largest BMT unit across the country)
- Dedicated day care chemotherapy unit with trained onco-nurses
- State-of-the-art hematology, biochemistry and histopathology laboratory
- Round the clock transfusion medicine services
- State-of-the-art department of Radiation Oncology